Wills Drafting for Expatriates Living in UAE through Our Associates
SKM International Consultants helps ‘Wills for Expats in the UAE’ through our associates. We help people to understand the importance of passing on your ‘Estate’ after death to our dear ones through a legally construed Will in compliance with the UAE laws. An ‘Estate’ applies not just to real estate but to your bank accounts, cars, personal belongings and anything and everything that you own as an expat here in the UAE.
When an expat dies, his ‘Estate’ is frozen including his joint accounts. Unfreezing this account can only be done by a Sharia Court on receiving a properly drafted and attested Will in compliance with the UAE laws.
In the absence of a Will, the Sharia laws become applicable to all irrespective of their religion and the court will decide the inheritance based on Sharia.
Several Expats have neglected this issue and their families have been put into tremendous turmoil after their death.
- Advisory services related to succession / inheritance issues
- Arabic Translation
- Attestation / Notarization by UAE Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- Attestation at Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the Ministry of Justice
- Drafting of Wills
- Estate / Asset planning
- Legal translation by a court-approved legal translator
- Mirror Wills (includes two Wills – one for husband, one for wife)
- Personal / Single Wills
- Power of Attorney
- Protective Wills Incorporating Trusts
- Standard Wills
- Wills for self-employed / business proprietors
- Advice and drafting of UK Wills with or without trusts